About M.D. Creekmore
MDCreekmore.com is your best resource for homesteading support.
We’re here to help you achieve a peaceful and enjoyable life through self-reliance. With our reader-friendly guides, you can achieve independence on your own terms with a support system of like-minded individuals.
Throughout this site, best-selling author M.D. Creekmore discusses gardening, raising animals, alternative medicine, DIY homesteading projects, home brewing, canning and preserving, emergency preparations, savings and income, and life on the homestead.
Our resources teach you to reap all the benefits of this self-sustaining lifestyle from the experience and confidence of a certified expert.
About the author:
With twenty years of prepping and homesteading experience, in addition to twenty years of hunting, trapping, shooting, M.D. Creekmore has secured his position as one of the nation’s top emergency preparedness experts and homesteaders. As someone who has lived in a travel trailer and a tent, completely off the grid, he believes in total self-reliance in any scenario. His immersion in the survivalist lifestyle offers insight and wisdom that only comes from actual experience. That insight and wisdom is now available to you through MDCreekmore.com.
He is the author of several best-selling survival books, including:
- The Prepper’s Guide to Surviving the World as We Know It
- The Prepared Prepper’s Cookbook
- Dirt-Cheap Survival Retreat: One Man’s Solution
- 31 Days to Survival: A Complete Plan for Emergency Preparedness
M.D. Creekmore is also the owner and operator of a three-acre homestead in Tennessee. He is a jack-of-all-trades handyman and a compulsive news junkie who spends several hours each day reading, watching, and analyzing the news and current events.
Constantly seeking to further his homesteading and survival education, M.D. Creekmore is certified in CPR, First Aid, and AED operation. He’s completed FEMA’s Leadership and Influence, Effective Communications and Are You Ready? An In-Depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness courses and the Kentucky Hunter Education Course and is a dedicated student of military history, small unit tactics and collapsed civilizations.
He has been interviewed as a content expert for American Survival Guide Magazine, on top of being mentioned by Mother Earth News Magazine, Backwoods Home Magazine, hundreds of blogs and online forums, websites, and several books by other authors.
Jack Spirko of The Survival Podcast said, “M.D. Creekmore has some great information and insights on modern survival living.”
M.D. Creekmore is a Paladin Press best-selling author with articles published in American Survival Guide Magazine, Survivalist Magazine and Backwoodsman Magazine. He is a full-time writer, blogger, consultant, and publisher of MDCreekmore.com and contributes regularly to LewRockwell.
Top 5 interesting facts about M.D. Creekmore:
- When I was four years old I nearly died from a rupture in my small intestine caused by a condition known as diverticulitis (rare at that age). I had to be rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery – funny thing, is I still remember everything that happened down to the last detail.
- My great-grandfather on my mother’s side was full-blooded Cherokee and spoke little English. My great-grandfather on my father’s side was a full-time moonshiner.
- My first job was on a dairy farm cleaning manure from the shipping trailers and the barn. Now that was a dirty job.
- I hate to spend money. If at all possible would rather make something than to buy it. Must be the result of being raised dirt-poor in the mountains of Appalachia.
- I’ve been dog bitten three-times – yet still, love dogs.